Easy weeknight cooking is a must-have in our home, which is why I prepped a weekly meal plan with an ALDI shopping list. I like to call it my ALDI meal plan. I like to have about a dozen easy recipes on hand so I can flip through them every week.
Having healthy meals on hand helps me to feel free during the week and like I’m a super organized mom.
While I’ve shopped at plenty of grocery stores, I find shopping at ALDI is the most convenient for my grocery budget. Plus, ALDI recently introduced curbside pickup!
I’m always impressed by the ALDI Finds and love to search #ALDIhaul on Instagram, so I thought why not create my own ALDI grocery list. By the way, have you seen my meal planner template? You can get it here. I’m certain you’ll love it!
Jessie introduced me to this recipe, and it’s become a semi-weekly staple in our house! I love that you can cook it in literally 20 minutes flat.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serving size: 4
- 1 pound Simply Nature Organic Grass Fed Ground Beef
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, onion, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes together. Then, cook the ground beef with sesame oil in a skillet on medium heat until well done. Drain the fat.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture over the meat and combine together. Simmer for a few minutes while the sauce thickens. Serve over white rice.
Breaded Lemon Chicken
This recipe is based off of Half Baked Harvest’s Florentine Butter Chicken, and it is delicious! It’s slightly more involved than the others, but SO worth it!
I make this at least once every two weeks. You can serve it without orzo pasta if you’re watching your grains and add in a green vegetable like asparagus.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Serving size: 2
- 1lb 1lb Kirkwood Fresh Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ cup of gluten free flour
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 ½ cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped thyme
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup of white wine
- 3 fresh lemons
- ½ lb of Priano Risotto
- While I like to use chicken tenders for this recipe because they cook quickly, you can also use chicken breasts. One of my tricks to this recipe is setting out two plates. On the first plate, sprinkle the ¼ cup of gluten free flour, salt and pepper.
- Beat one egg in a small bowl to dip the chicken tenders into. After dipping the chicken tenders in the egg, place the chicken into the flour to coat. Set it on the second plate.
- Boil salted water for the risotto Slice one lemon. Squeeze the juice of two lemons into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken tenders and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken tenders from the heat and place onto the plate.
- Add the 4 tablespoons of butter to the pan. Once the butter melts, add the slices of lemon to caramelize for one minute. Remove the lemon slices and set on top of the chicken.
- Add risotto to the boiling water and cook for several minutes until cooked through. Drain the pasta and drizzle olive oil over it, so it doesn’t stick.
- Add the thyme and cherry tomatoes to the pan. After a few minutes, the cherry tomatoes will start to burst. Once they do, add the white wine and lemon juice and cook for 2 minutes. Then, re-add the chicken tenders back to the pan to cook.
- The sauce will thicken and chicken tenders will cook through.
Cheese Quesadillas & Chicken Fajitas
Meals that can easily be made for the entire family are key to weeknight cooking. I love that ALDI has a mix of great produce and other ingredients as well as pre-cooked meals.
I found a pre-cooked pack of Chicken Fajitas that was the perfect complement to this meal.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Serving size: 4
- El Milagro Tortillas
- 2 cups Happy Farms Mexican Shredded Cheese
- 1 pack of Park Street Deli Chicken Fajitas
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add one El Milagro tortilla.
- Top with ¾ cup of Happy Farms Mexican Shredded Cheese and another tortilla. Cook for one minute and allow the cheese to slightly melt. Flip the tortilla and brown the other side.
- Slice with a pizza cutter and serve with a side of chicken fajitas.
Ravioli with Grilled Italian Sausage
Italian is an easy weeknight go-to for us. I like to keep a few packs of raviolis in the refrigerator and ALDI has a great variety to choose from! Also, a few cans of pasta sauce on hand is always a good idea – I consider it to be a pantry staple.
[adding image here]
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Serving Size: 2
- One pack of Specially Selected Ravioli
- One can pasta sauce
- 1lb of mild Italian Sausage
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons of Italian seasoning (Oregano, Thyme and Basil)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a glass dish, pour ¼ cup of water.
- Place the Italian sausage in the water and sprinkle Italian seasoning on top. Cook for 30 minutes in the oven flipping midway through.
- Heat a large pot of salted water to boiling. Add the ravioli and cook for 2 minutes until they float to the top.
- Drain and top with pasta sauce. Slice the sausage into ½ pieces and add to the pasta sauce. Heat for 2 minutes
I hope you find this free ALDI meal plan handy! I know that when I sit down to meal plan and then grocery shop, it makes our week run more smoothly. For more meal ideas, check out this section on the blog, and stay tuned for more weekly ALDI meal plans!
Affectionately known to her friends as Millennial Martha for her love of DIY and decorating, Jen can’t help but pour her heart + soul into everything she touches. She’s loved to entertain since acquiring a table and chairs, and giving gifts is one of her favorite hobbies. Jen is the creator of Girl Meets Party. Her dream is to share her passions with the world in hopes to inspire others by making the seemingly unattainable attainable.