The holidays are here, which means time for a Thanksgiving cocktail (or two!). I’ve partnered with Torani using Sugar-Free Brown Sugar Cinnamon Syrup to make the most delicious whiskey fall cocktail. While this post is sponsored, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
If we’re being honest, I usually am the lead in the kitchen while Matt tackles the cocktails. However, when Torani shared their holiday plans with me for #AToraniThanksgiving, I couldn’t say no. I’ve been a longtime user of their syrups for my morning coffee and knew dabbling in cocktails would be fun.
After finding inspiration from Hunger Thirst Play, I modified the recipe and decided to make the garnish a bit cuter! Who doesn’t love a mint leaf and a timely cinnamon stick?
Creating this recipe was a breeze. Plus, you can purchase the Torani Flavor of the Month Syrups online at torani.com for 10% off every month.
Torani Sugar-Free Brown Sugar Cinnamon Syrup was the perfect simple syrup for this recipe. Most importantly, it mixed well with the Weller whiskey I used.
APPLE CINNAMON WHISKEY SMASH
- 2 parts whiskey
- 1 part Torani Sugar Free Brown Sugar Syrup
- 1 part apple cider
- splash lemon juice
- 3 slices of apple
- 6 mint leaves
- Using a muddler or your shaker, muddle 3 apple slices and 3 mint leaves. Add ice cubes and remuddle.
- Add whiskey, Torani Sugar Free Brown Sugar Syrup, 1 part apple cider and a splash of lemon juice to the shaker. Fill the shaker 3/4 of the way with ice.
- Shake vigorously for 8 to 10 seconds. Strain into a high ball glass with crushed ice.
- Garnish with one apple slice in the center of the glass and tuck the mint leaf behind it. Lay the cinnamon stick diagonal across the glass.
I’m not typically a whiskey drinker, but this drink was particularly delicious. It really is the perfect Thanksgiving cocktail. I also love that Torani syrups can be used with so many other recipes. I could also see adding it to my coffee, a latte or in a dessert. If you used Torani syrups in any of your recent recipes, I’d love to hear about it!
All photos are by Belen Aquino Photography.
Affectionately known to her friends as Millennial Martha for her love of DIY and decorating, Jen can’t help but pour her heart + soul into everything she touches. She’s loved to entertain since acquiring a table and chairs, and giving gifts is one of her favorite hobbies. Jen is the creator of Girl Meets Party. Her dream is to share her passions with the world in hopes to inspire others by making the seemingly unattainable attainable.