Being home means toddler summer toys are even more important right now! I did a haul on Amazon a few weeks ago to stock up for a productive, fun, and educational summer at our house. Here’s what we got!
- Melissa & Doug Sort & Stack Board – I love this because it’s minimalistic but allows a little one to learn their colors, stack, and count. It’s perfect for outside because it wipes down easily.
- Melissa & Doug Sand Toys – A perfect little set for the beach or the backyard pool!
- Crawling tunnels – So this was a pricier buy, BUT I love how they break into different combinations and are easy to clean. They can go in the yard or stay indoors. Sometimes we take out just 2 pieces and sometimes set up an entire fort.
- RuffleButts Sleeved Bathing Suit – A bathing suit with sleeves? Yes, please! So comfy, great quality and sunburn free!
- Toddler Crocs – These shoes are perfect for running around outside! I also loved the Native shoes, but they didn’t fit Emmie’s foot very well.
- Fish Color Puzzle – Toddlers are all about colors and this puzzle is a fun way to talk about them. Another good toy for the blanket as it wipes off easily.
- Step2 Slide – The slide was a big hit inside in the spring and is now the pool slide this summer. Highly recommend!
- Water shoes – It’s been wonderful to have these for the pool since she’s in and out so much. There are so many different colors.
- Inflatable bounce house – This is a little kids dream come true! Keeps them busy for hours just bouncing around.
- Skip Hop Pour Buckets – Best $10 I’ve spent all summer! This is Emmie’s favorite pool toy.
- Waterproof & washable outdoor blanket – This is a must-have for the backyard! Set this up under an umbrella for outdoor play or take it to the park for a picnic.
- Splash Pad – Splash pads are a nice break from the pool because they’re less water than a kiddie pool.
- 5 Green & Speckled Frogs Book – Emmie loves to sit and read on her blanket outside. This one’s a classic.
When it comes to toddler summer toys, I think it’s important to have a nice mix, but be reasonable.
Affectionately known to her friends as Millennial Martha for her love of DIY and decorating, Jen can’t help but pour her heart + soul into everything she touches. She’s loved to entertain since acquiring a table and chairs, and giving gifts is one of her favorite hobbies. Jen is the creator of Girl Meets Party. Her dream is to share her passions with the world in hopes to inspire others by making the seemingly unattainable attainable.