How do you grow a blog? It’s something I’ve wondered for a while, and also, something I’m so grateful I focused on blog growth this year. The blog is a bright spot in 2020.
Today, I’m so excited to share I broke 10,000 pageviews in August!!! My goal is to break 100,000 monthly pageviews so I build a steady audience that supports my brand partnership work and generates passive income. Fitnancials always inspires me with her reports and other side hustle ideas.
Recipe to Grow a Blog
I cracked the code to grow a blog and am not steadily growing every month. To break down the recipe, it’s the following:
- Share new content consistently. I post 1-2 new blog posts per week.
- Build a base of evergreen, shareable content. Think content that lasts a lifetime that’s written in a key search term. ie: What’s the best white paint?
- Utilize Pinterest and specifically, spend your time on Tailwind! Grab a discount by using this link.
- Batch your work and schedule ahead with Planoly.
- Link to other key posts within your posts. ie: Other posts you may like (see an example at the end of this report)
Changes/Continued Support from July
- I published 6 new posts in August
- Posted 3 posts to Tailwind every day (increased from last month)
- Shared 3 stories to Instagram per day (about half of the month)
- Shared each new post to Facebook on my business & personal channel
- Sent a weekly newsletter
Blog Traffic Report
In August, I had 10,223 pageviews (+13% vs. last month)
Top August Posts
- Best Valspar White Paint Colors
- Kitchen Remodel Costs with Greige Cabinets
- Chicago Home Stair Runner
- Why I’m Not Having a Baby Shower
- 5 Ingredient Flourless Healthy Banana Bread
Prior Blog Traffic Reports
- March 2020 Blog Traffic Report – grew to 5.9K views with promoted posts
- April 2020 Blog Traffic Report – grew to 6.5K pageviews
- May 2020 Blog Traffic Report – grew too 8K pageviews
- June 2020 Blog Traffic Report – dipped to 6.4k pageviews by doing nothing (whoops)
- July 2020 Blog Traffic Report – grew to 9K pageviews
Why I think the blog grew in August
Consistency is certainly key. I’ve also been focused on creating evergreen content that is super searchable in Pinterest and Google. Pinterest continues to be a great resource for me. So, as I create new blog posts, I do a keyword search in Pinterest first to see what the rich pins look like. I also create a list of what’s interesting to me and then think about what’s going on for my readers.
- Continue to grow my newsletter through sign-ups and my courses.
- Publish another 6 new posts
- Update 3 old posts
- Explore hiring an SEO expert
Thanks for following along with me! I have found that people don’t often share the journey of getting there. Often stories are shared when they arrive, which is why I started this blog years ago to share the journey so we can all grow together. I appreciate you being here!
Affectionately known to her friends as Millennial Martha for her love of DIY and decorating, Jen can’t help but pour her heart + soul into everything she touches. She’s loved to entertain since acquiring a table and chairs, and giving gifts is one of her favorite hobbies. Jen is the creator of Girl Meets Party. Her dream is to share her passions with the world in hopes to inspire others by making the seemingly unattainable attainable.