I tried out this super easy DIY Lavender Sugar Scrub and wanted to share because it’s a perfect gift to make for Mother’s Day! I think handmade gifts are always the best so what better way to tell your mom you love them by giving them a homemade gift that helps them relax. Read on to see how to make this.
Sugar Scrub Ingredients
- 1 cup of sugar – look for one with a coarser grain
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 7 drops of lavender oil
- 1 tablespoon of lavender buds
- Cute container – used an old jam jar but a mason jar would do nicely with some ribbon!
Sugar Scrub Instructions
- Combine the sugar, coconut oil, and lavender oil until you have a smooth paste.
- Gently fold in lavender buds
- Seal the scrub in your container
- Use your homemade sugar scrub and enjoy the fresh scent and smooth skin!
I tried this scrub out and it stays fresh for a few weeks so long as you remember to keep your container sealed. It’s definitely more of a body scrub and shouldn’t be used on the face because its texture is on the coarser side. The scent of lavender is so relaxing and the addition of lavender buds gives the scrub a refined, elegant look.
Christina has always felt like an old soul and is a lover of tradition and all things vintage. A typical Libra, she loves beauty and is always trying to balance her love of cozy nights at home with her adventurous spirit (23 countries and counting). By day she works for an international accounting firm. By night she works on her blog, My Petite Joys. On her site, you’ll find her featuring topics on travel (near and far), baking adventures, crafting, and thoughts on life’s simple joys. She lives in Chicago with her husband and high school sweet heart Ted. In her spare time she enjoys bookmaking, watching documentaries, and yoga.